1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gabrielle_, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gabrielle_

Gabrielle_ Thread Starter

Hey, I've been looking for a good but not overpriced graphics card for my new computer, which frankly has a terrible card which comes with it. I was wondering if the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti was any good, the most graphically intensive game I will be running on it is Skyrim.

So do you think it's good, and if so which graphics level (Low, Medium, High, Very High) do you think I'd be able to run it on?

Thanks,
    -G

P.S:
    Here are my current system specs.

Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz
    Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
    6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 788MHz

2. dai

dai

you left out the most important spec

power supply

make
    model
    wattage

upgraded video and psu usually go hand in hand

3. Gabrielle_

I don't know what model my PSU is, but the wattage is 300... pretty low. If I can't get the GeForce GTX 650 Ti do you have any suggestions that would work with my wattage?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

With a 300W pw supply you are severely limited on a video card. While you do have a pci-e 16 slot, any video card you could install would only be slightly better than onboard video.

Upgrading a hp, dell, or other big box system is an exercise in futility.

In short if you want to run skyrim, either build a system that can do the job, have one built for you by a local shop OR purchase a purpose built gaming system such as a dell/alienware.

5. dai

dai

i would sell it as is and build a new one

i agree with the above post,it is good advice

by the time you buy a video card and a psu to run it

with what you get for the old machine you would be well on the way to covering the new one

6. Gabrielle_

Well I just bought this computer so I don't think I want to sell it soon, I can already run Skyrim (on low which is fine) alright but it's sometimes a bit laggy. I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my card, but if I can't I'm fine how it is.
    Thanks for all the answers!

-G

7. dai

dai

the lag may be down to heat,check your temps,low specs can cause heat to increase as it struggles to keep up

8. Gabrielle_

Thanks, I'll check the temp, my computer usually stays pretty good temperature for most things, I just think that since it has a pretty bad graphics card it gives a little bit of lag. It's definitely not unplayable and I can still play the game well enough.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1096072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice