1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Geforce- VGA and DVI port stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sciencepc, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sciencepc

sciencepc Thread Starter

Hi all,

My Pc (about 1,5y old) :
    -AMD athlon x4 635 2.90 ghz
    -asus m4n68t-m le v2 am3/ddr3/vga/8cm/glan
    -kingston 2gb ddr3 pc10600/1333mhz
    -palit geforce gt240 1gb ddr3 128 bit

+ windows 7 32 bit

2 monitors:
    -philips 22" 222el1se/97 LED monitor 1920x1080
    -viewsonic 21.50" vx2250wm led monitor

1st post so bare with me :)..

I had to move my pc set-up so I unplug all cables from my cpu.. Then when I plug in everything back and started up my pc one of my monitors stopped working. It showed: 'no video input' then 'entering sleep mode'.

However, it's likely not my 2 monitors because:
    I tried them both on my laptop using 3 different VGA cables: viewsonic worked properly with all 3 VGA cables; the weird thing is that my philips didn't work at all ('no video input' then 'entering sleep mode' too) until I tried it on another laptop :s.

Anyway, It seems I have 2 VGA ports + 1 DVI port. 1 VGA port is on the upper left while the other VGA port is adjacent to my DVI port, and also located lower right.

Before this, one of my monitor was connected to this VGA port (the one adjacent to the DVI port) and the other to the DVI port. Now I've tried both monitors on these VGA & DVI ports but both are not working and shows the same 'no video input then 'entering sleep mode'. BUT both monitors work on my other VGA port located upper left. so I guess I'm correct with my assumption that it has something to do with my video card or so? Any idea if I'm able to fix this myself or time to go to pc repair shop?

Lastly, It's not the first time that I had to move my pc set-up or my monitors. I usually unplug the cables which are connected to my 2 monitors and just keep it plugged in on 'the other side' (CPU).. This was the first time I unplugged it from both sides, and got this issue :s..

Thx a lot in advance

Greetzz.

2. ralfy

ralfy

Might be a loose connection for the video card, etc.

3. black-wolf

black-wolf

Open your case and reseat your video card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice