Nvidia GeForceGT 630M and screen resolution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bleep69

Hi,

I just got the HP Envy dv6 laptop, which comes with the above graphics card. On all the sites I have seen, the screen resolution in this machine is 1900 x 1020, but to my dismay the resolution is actually much lower at 1366 x 769.

Due to geographical and economic factors, returning the laptop is a major PITA, and I'd like to avoid it if possible.

My 'research' shows that this card should support a higher resolution, is there something amiss that can be fixed, or is that it?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers.

etaf

Wayne
Most new laptops atthe lower price range are set for 1366 x 768

if you goto the desktop
right click
graphic properties

what is available there

I have a fuji and was very disappointed to see that screen resolution - when i had been used to a sony which was able to goto a much higher resolution

do you have the FULL model details
http://www.reviewspecsnewlaptoppccs.com/hp-envy-dv6-7210us-15-6-inch-laptop-review/
Max Screen Resolution 1366×768 pixels

bleep69

Hi etaf,

The maximum there is the paltry 1366 x 768. I was hoping some driver update or something might get me past it, but I'm told by my computer that all drivers are up to date :(

Where do I find the full model details?

Thanks!

etaf

Wayne
for model
Model:

* Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
* Type, wmic computersystem get model
* Press Enter

bleep69

There doesn't appear to be any label. I don't have it available right now, but when I get home I'll dig out the original specs and see if that clarifies anything.

Thanks for your help etaf.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online