Nvidia GPU when gaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Makala

Good day everyone
I have an issue regarding my graphic card.
I got a new CPU and inserted a Nvidia GT710.
The problem is when i connect the HDMI to the Nvidia GPU port to my LG TV and i start a game or even internet explorer, the image disappears and shows no signal.
When i tried a VGA cable instead of an HDMI it worked fine.
I really dont understand why and i really want to work it using the HDMI cable
Help please
Thankyou

Oddba11

Jim
Is the TV the primary or a secondary screen? Has the screen been configured in Windows?

So you see an image on the screen (ie: I assume the desktop), and then it goes blank if you open any apps or games?

What resolution are you using? For a TV input, you will likely need to use a TV spec resolution (ie: 680x480, 1280x720, or 1920x1080).

Makala

Thanks for the reply
Yes the tv is the primary display and yeah its exactly as u say, the desktop appear but when i use an app it goes blank.
I am using 1920x1080 resolution and tried reducing it but the problem still occurs.
The weird thing is that when i tried connecting VGA intead it works fine.
But i want to use HDMI since i no longer have a VGA TV
Thankyou

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Part of the problem may be with your NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 graphic card.
(Note: I'm very familiar with it and am aware it has VGA, DVI, HDMI ports)

This is a very weak performing graphic card which isn't designed for the graphic demands of gaming.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts