1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA Graphics Card Crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ic00042, Oct 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. ic00042

ic00042 Thread Starter

I currently have a EVGA GTX 1070 FTW graphics card and it keeps crashing occasionally on applications and games. I've already tried all the fundamentals things that I've been told from companies such as DDU uninstall old drivers and try installing the newest and some older drivers, power cycling, seating the graphics card on a different slot and memtesting my rams. I still can't quite pin-point the issue!

The main errors I get in my Event Viewer for when my apps/games crash are "MISSING_MACRO_DATA and Const out of Bound".

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one other than you has any idea what hardware you are running [excepting video card] In order to help you, post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact pw supply, exact motherboard, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
    If by chance this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#

3. ic00042

ic00042 Thread Starter

Hello there. Sorry about that. I wasn't sure if I should have posted my specs on that post or waited till the next post.

Here's my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 Wifi (Rev 1.1)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB - 3000mhz
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    PSU: EVGA 750 watt GQ
    Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Those are decent specs and you should not have a problem running your video card. I checked the support page for your motherboard and there is a bios update that addresses video card compatibility. What bios are you running?
    Next here is a link to the support page for your board;
    https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-7-WIFI-rev-10/sp#sp
    Download and install the app store then system information viewer. Once you have that installed, post the following info; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice. Once while just under a normal load and again when running a stress test. Use either prime95 or OCCT [both free downloads from many sites] Let the stress test run for at least 2min to stabilize temps/voltages. You can just upload a screenshot with the relevant info.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice