1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Graphics card problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chaoscreater, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chaoscreater

chaoscreater Thread Starter

hi all, i have a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE graphics card, i bought it recently cuz my old one broke, i think somebody took it out and played around with it and basically damaged it but anyway i bought this new graphics card just a short while ago and it's working fine on my PC. The thing is sometimes when i play games there's a glitch, it's not the games problem because this problem happened to most of the games that i played and it didn't happen be4 on my previous graphics card so the glitch is not produced from the games. The glitch is produced from the graphics card, i can't exactly describe wat the glitch is but when i play the games and when the "GLITCH" happens, u can easily see that some parts of the objects are gone, e.g. there was this time when i was playing Need For Speed Underground and some parts of the car are gone, like a hole or something in it and basically u don't see the whole object or background, also sometimes there's this line that shouldn't be in the background or in the game, like u can see lines everywhere and it's just messed up basically, the colours are the same but just parts of the objects are missing and the whole background is screwed up. I've updated the drivers already and i tried taking out the graphics card and putting it back in the slot and it didnt work, this problem doesn't happen all the time but sometimes it does. Also sometimes when i play MMORPG games, i log out and log back in the the problem occurs, if i restart my PC the problem will be solved but it'll come back after a while or so i don't know but it happens quite a lot and sometimes it freezes the screen too and not because my computer lags, but after like maybe 1 min the screen is back to normal again. If i dont' play games or anything and just use my computer normally for documents etc i can view it fine, no problem has ever occured only when i play games. Any help? Should i contact Nvidia support or something?

BTW while i was updating the drivers from Nvidia website i found this WDM driver, i know my graphics card needs it but i don't know wat the driver is for, can som1 tell me wat WDM is?

2. chaoscreater

here i got the screenshot of wat the glitch looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Leec65

Leec65

did you uninstall the old drivers ? before you install the new ones

4. chaoscreater

yea i did.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538338

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice