nVidia Graphics Card & TV Out issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blackgold

I am soooo hoping someone can help!

Running W98SE

My problem is to do with the graphics card....as the card has TV out capability, my WinDVD will not display the visuals of the movie playing..get sound no picture!

All the literature I have read on the subject, indicates that there is a conflict with the Macrovision copyright software that is part of WinDVD and this particular nVidia model card - the Geforce family 2mx/mx400 with the TV Chip CHRONTEL 7008, (WinDVD detects the TV Out on the card and wont display the visual of the DVD playing) and suggest to get the latest driver that is supposed to have addressed the conflict - Forceware v77.72 (June 2005) which is supposed to fix the macrovision copyright protection issue, unfortunately it hasnt- or somehow disable the TV out function. I cant find anywhere in the nVidia interface that lets me do that!

I have got the TVTOOL program, I have uninstalled and reinstalled various versions of the nVidia drivers. I have even downloaded a trial version of the latest WinDVD, 3+ hours later same thing!! I tried other dvd players, I have DirectX9...... nothing has worked!

So I was wondering if anyone out there has had the same or similar issue, fixed it and could tell me! lol ....it is sooo frustrating!

Smiles
Pam

I know that with ATI there is a primary / secondary option that can be selected and for video it must be selected as primary for the TV out. Not too sure about Nvidia cards (kinda sad considering thats my card) but I've never really had a need to use it with my Nvidia card. Good luck anyways.

Blackgold

Primary device is my monitor, its analogue. There is no TV connected so no secondary device and I just checked...anything that gives me a choice of either and its set to analogue

The TV Out connection is Composite, and with using the TVTool program, no secondary device is enabled and the actual TV mode is 'off'.

In the Adjust section of TVTool, TV chip options, Macrovision Off is selected.

I have done all that has been suggested...could be Im missing something really simply, I dont know......

Blackgold

hmmm... looks like this has everyone stumped! LOL

Maybe the only solution is to get a new card...what are the suggestions?
Im no gamer, but I am into graphics, PSP and Photoshop etc. and remember Im in Australia, so it might not be available here yet! lol

My system is
Operating System
Windows 98 SE
1.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6524
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8527B [CD-ROM drive]
LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163D [CD-ROM drive]
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

Maxtor 4D060H3 [Hard drive] (61.48 GB) -- drive 1, SMART Status: Healthy
ST340014A [Hard drive] (33.82 GB) -- drive 0, SMART Status: Healthy

256 Megabytes Installed Memory

Smiles
Pam

When you play your DVD do you drag your WinDVD window over to your TV and then maximize it WHILE it's playing?

I find programs like it and Media player don't like moving to a different monitor when something is running on it. It might be worth trying (if you haven't) to open WinDVD and make sure it's on your TV and maximized and then load up a DVD.

Blackgold

Spoon T Rex- I have no other monitor or TV connected...thats the point, WinDVD (and every other player Ive tried) detects the TV Out connection on the graphics card, and the Macrovision copyright software kicks in and stops and picture displaying....I want to disable the TVout connection so that I can watch DVDs on the computer.

Brite750 - lol I dont really WANT to spend any money, but if I HAVE to it would be around the AU$150.

hehehe No one else seems interested in problem....it looks like I have a problem that the Tech Guys cant solve!!

Smiles
Pam

What files are you playing?
It may be a codec you need to download.
If it is an AVI or MPEG3 file that doesn't play I doubt thats the problem. But if you are trying to play more obscure files or codecs.

Blackgold

Hi ..just plain normal movie dvds, region 4 - Australia...

avi & mpeg3 play as usual in Media player, no problems there!

*sigh*...this is just so darn frustrating lol

All right so it sounds like a codec or software.
Download the windows media player, whatever the latest version is for 98se and make sure it can play DVDs.
I think this should work, it isn't the most full featured DVD player but if it works you know its the app your using now that is broke

Blackgold

I have Media player 9, I have the latest components for it.. I cant see anywhere in the program to enable playing DVDs??

I dont know how it could be a codec problem...the dvds run or play...sound is fine, just no picture because of the Macrovision software.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online