1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA graphics driver

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by pitroad, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

I have 32MB NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 4X AGP Graphics card and I went to the NVIDIA web site and downloaded the latest driver. I think I screwed up and didn't remove the current driver 1st. Anyway when I search for NVIDIA on my hard drive I have C:\NVIDIA folder with a Win9xME folder and within that a 61.76 and a 66.94 folder. I think 66.94 is the latest stuff. Anyway I'm not sure what to do. Should I delete the 61.76 folder ? Do I even need the C:\NVIDIA folder ? Is that where the driver actually is ? When I go to (start/settings/control panel/add-remove programs I see a NVIDIA Display Driver and a NVIDIA Windows 95/98/ME Display Drivers entry. I wonder if one is 61.76 and the other 66.94 ? Any help would be appreciated. My system seems to be working fine but I hate to have unneeded files just taking up space.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The normal procedure is to uninstall the older driver, reboot, install the newer driver, then reboot again.

The most current driver for Windows 98/98SE/ME for your graphics card is 66.94 and is downloadable from here.

If you're concerned about unneeded files and you still have the 66.94 download saved, you can remove the drivers from the Add/Remove Programs list and delete the C:\Nvidia folder, then reinstall the 66.94 driver.

3. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

Thanks. I used that procedure and sure enough my C:\NVIDIA\Win9xME is now clean with only 66.94 there.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Great! (y)

Personally, I like ATI over Nvidia. ;)

5. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

Question .... if I have a 32MB NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 4X AGP Graphics Card with TV-Out installed on my system do I not have to use the NVIDIA driver ? To use a ATI driver I need ATI card ?

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You're misunderstanding me. I was just telling you that I prefer ATI graphic cards over Nvidia graphic cards. You definitely don't want to try and install an ATI driver when you're using a Nvidia graphic card. Nvidia drivers are for Nvidia graphic cards and ATI drivers are for ATI graphic cards.

7. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

10-4 .... that's what I thought but just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Another question. I purchased my Dell 8100 in 2001. It has 256RDRAM with a 40GB hard drive. Running ME OS. I had a lot of crash problems last year and was about to can this thing in frustration but switched to Firefox and Thunderbird and almost all my problems disappeared. That being said just how long can I expect this system to last ? I really don't want to UPGRADE to XP. We use this system to mainly surf the net and email. However that has become very important. We pay almost all our bills via this thing and rely on the net for almost any information we need. We also shop much more then just a couple of years ago. I guess what I'm saying is I would not want to be without a computer these days. I have high speed cable internet access and switched our phone service over to Vonage a few months ago. How long will my current H/W & S/W support our needs.

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Stick with Windows ME and don't upgrade to Windows XP SP2, unless you're willing to format and wipe out the hard drive and make a fresh install. Even then, you risk having some hardware-related problems.

I'm a die-hard Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 user, so I won't comment on Firefox or any other browser.

Do you do regular maintenance with that computer, such as keeping the buildup of temp files cleaned out, keeping the buildup of spyware files and other "nasties" cleaned out, emptying the Recycle Bin and defragging the hard drive, etc.? You might consider reading some of the articles at my site.

9. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

I regular run Ad-Aware SE ; Spybot; Registry Mechanic; and a old Window Washer 4.7. I do defrag and scandisk a couple of times a month. I use Zone Alarm firewall with anti-virus. I played with my system.ini file after reading a few forums a while back (when I was having regular crashes almost hourly). I tested different values for MaxFileCache entry in Vcache. I found that 32768 was the sweet spot for my system. That change along with updating my graphics driver seemed to eliminate most of my problems. The amount of stuff Ad-Aware and Spybot found almost dropped to nothing once I switched Firefox. I almost thought they weren't working right for a while. But I still use IE for Window updates and occasionally compare speed test results using FF and IE. When using IE for those tests was when I realized Ad-Aware and Spybot were still working because I immediately got spyware using IE. I don't have an allegiance for any particular SW. I just use what works best for me and my system. FF and TB just seem to run cleaner (actually a little slower but much more stable) on my machine. I did bookmark your web site and have found the info really helpful. Without folks like you sharing info dumb guys like me would be in a world of trouble. Thanks

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm glad to hear you've bookmarked my site. I'm confident that you'll find the information there useful.

As far as [vcache] is concerned, nothing really needs to be there. No MinFileCache, MaxFileCache, ChunkSize - nothing.

Do you know how to use HijackThis 1.99.0? I'd really like to see a log of your computer.

11. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

I have the web site to download 1.99.0 Not sure what I need to do after that to get it here.

12. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

Here is my highjack log :

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    Scan saved at 7:47:00 PM, on 2/11/2005
    Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\ISAFE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DEVLDR16.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\REAL\UPDATE_OB\REALSCHED.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WORKS SHARED\WKCALREM.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\TD_0005.DIR\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.dell.com/search/index.htm
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = HTTP://ABCNEWS.GO.COM/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com/
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_3_12_0.DLL
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
    O2 - BHO: PopupBlockerBHO.CPopupBlockerBHO - {0D929918-C804-4756-B0AC-640EF3F061E9} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SMARTPOPUPBLOCKER\POPUPBLOCKERBHO.DLL
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_3_12_0.DLL
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [devldr16.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\devldr16.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CAISafe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\RunServicesOnce: [washindex] C:\Program Files\Washer\washidx.exe
    O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmtrans.html
    O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Dell Home - {08DCFC6C-B6E4-480C-95A4-FC64F37B787E} - http://www.dellnet.com/ (file missing) (HKCU)
    O12 - Plugin for .bcf: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPBelv32.dll
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.dellnet.com/
    O16 - DPF: {34805D32-AD89-469E-8503-A5666AEE4333} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.25.41/22e6b3b0cc3a0a3b5118/netzip/RdxIE.cab
    O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
    O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/axscanner.cab
    O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) - http://www.gamespot.com/KDX22/download/kdx.cab
    O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/activedata/SymAData.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/activedata/ActiveData.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab

13. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for posting a HijackThis log. You need to move it out of the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP folder though because it'll disappear when you do a temp files cleanup. Create a folder for it right on the desktop or in the C:\PROGRAM FILES folder, then move all the files in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Let's whittle down your startup load a little and disable unnecessary programs from loading during startup and running in the background. The smaller the startup load, the better your computer will run.

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - Startup(tab). Uncheck the following:

realsched.exe

wkcalrem.exe
    (Unless you're actually using it for this purpose - which most people don't)

devldr16.exe
    (Read the instructions on how to disable it. You'll find that you likely don't need it. It can be a source of error messages. I kept it disabled and my SB card worked just fine)

Once you're done, click Apply - OK, then reboot.

Open the C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files folder. If any of the activeX listings there show a status of "Damaged" or "Unknown", right-click and delete those that do.

Do a temp files cleanup on a regular basis as part of your computer maintenance.

Click Start - Search - All Files And Folders, select the hard drive to look in, then delete everything that appears under:

*.TMP

C:\TEMP\*.*

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\*.*

If you haven't done this in awhile, or ever, don't be surprised to see literally hundreds of them listed. Delete them all, regardless of the file name, and ignore any warning mesage that appears.

This is the reason why I had you move HijackThis from its present location.

14. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

I removed realsched.exe and wkcalrem.exe from startup. I tried to remove devldr16.exe but it keeps coming back ? I located 4 items in C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files that were unknown so I deleted them. I did a search on *.tmp files and there was 198 of them ! I was really surprised as I thought I was keeping a pretty clean house. Thanks for all the insight ! Below is a new HijackThis file afterward.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    Scan saved at 12:47:23 PM, on 2/12/2005
    Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\ISAFE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DEVLDR16.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WORKS SHARED\WKCALREM.EXE
    C:\HIGHJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.dell.com/search/index.htm
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = HTTP://ABCNEWS.GO.COM/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com/
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_3_12_0.DLL
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
    O2 - BHO: PopupBlockerBHO.CPopupBlockerBHO - {0D929918-C804-4756-B0AC-640EF3F061E9} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SMARTPOPUPBLOCKER\POPUPBLOCKERBHO.DLL
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_3_12_0.DLL
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [devldr16.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\devldr16.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CAISafe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [washindex] C:\Program Files\Washer\washidx.exe "les"
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [washindex] C:\Program Files\Washer\washidx.exe "les"
    O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [washindex] C:\Program Files\Washer\washidx.exe "les"
    O4 - HKCU\..\RunServicesOnce: [washindex] C:\Program Files\Washer\washidx.exe
    O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmtrans.html
    O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Dell Home - {08DCFC6C-B6E4-480C-95A4-FC64F37B787E} - http://www.dellnet.com/ (file missing) (HKCU)
    O12 - Plugin for .bcf: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPBelv32.dll
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.dellnet.com/
    O16 - DPF: {34805D32-AD89-469E-8503-A5666AEE4333} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.25.41/22e6b3b0cc3a0a3b5118/netzip/RdxIE.cab
    O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
    O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/axscanner.cab
    O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/activedata/SymAData.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/activedata/ActiveData.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab

15. pitroad

pitroad Thread Starter

Can I get rid of any of those 016 entries. It looks like a couple of them are related to Norton which I don't even use anymore. I am running Zone Alarm with AntiVirus.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice