1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nvidia gtx 760 cannot run directx11 without graphics being choppy

Discussion in 'Games' started by titodorito, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. titodorito

titodorito Thread Starter

Directx11 in games makes the framerate very low and unplayable. I set the settings as low or as high as possible but the results do not change. Directx9 works fine.

Specs:

Windows 7
    Manufactured by ASUS
    i7 Intel processor
    8192MB RAM
    Directx Version: Directx 11

2. titodorito

Driver is up to date as well

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

We need a bit more detailed information about your system in order to make any kind of informed assessment. Can you provide details on the following please:

- If it is a prebuilt system, what is the exact make and model? (just saying Asus isn't enough)
    - Is it a desktop or laptop (assume desktop based on the graphics card mentioned)?
    - Is your version of Windows 32 or 64 bit and is it fully patched and up to date?
    - Have you ever changed or updated any hardware since it came out of the factory?
    - Has it always had this problem or is it something that has started recently?

If it is a self /custom build, what is the exact make and model of the processor (just i7 isn't enough), RAM, motherboard, power supply (make, model, wattage and approximate age)?

The TSG System Info Utility (see my signature) will provide some of this information but not all. Download and run the program then copy/paste the results into a reply here.

4. titodorito

It is a custom built desktop with windows 7 64 bit (6.1 build 760 1)
    Haven't updated any hardware since i got it
    I know it has had this problem since i had it built. It was built a year and a half ago at which time I had Far Cry 3 which was when i saw the problem but upon switching to directx9 it was fixed so i never paid any attention to it. It was only until newer games started not having the option to switch that it became troublesome for me.
    The processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40Ghz (8 CPUs), ~3.4Ghz
    (info taken out of dxdiag from start menu)

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Thanks.

We still need all the information in my previous post to make any kind of informed assessment :)

What is the exact make and model of:
    - RAM
    - motherboard
    - power supply (make, model, wattage and approximate age)
    - all hard drives (including capacity)

If you are unsure, us the TSG System Info utility (linked in the signature of my replies), this will give us some.

For the power supply info, you will need to take the side case off and look at the sticker / panel on the side of the power supply itself. The make, model and wattage is important.

6. wilson44512

wilson44512

7. titodorito

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8130 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 328762 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z87-A

this is what i could get from the tsg info utility but im still not sure how i can get my info on my power supply

8. Mooncatt

Mooncatt

only way i know of to check your PSU is to take the side of your pc case off and take a look.
    on a second note (i know it might sound daft) have u checked your temps? when was the last time u gave the fans a clean? dust build up causes extreme heat and trying to run dx11 will make your card work harder and increase temps.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice