Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvidia Net Adapter problems with XP (PLEASE HELP!)

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
Firstly i have a computer with windows vista on one hard drive and XP on another. Heres some PC specs

AMD Athlon XP
1GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 6600
Windows XP + Vista
(thats all i know)

Now moving on... i currently have my Nvidia Nforce net adapter working on my Vista and the internet runs fine. i downloaded some nforce drivers for XP on my vista so i can install them onto XP but they never work!. First it installs and then it says new hardware found and stuff like that, Then it says it cannot install the net adapter (nvidia). I go onto device manager and i pull down net adapters and the nvidia one have a yellow triangle with a '!' mark and says it cannot be installed.

I try to get driver details and it says no files have been loaded for this driver and such.

If anyone could help me fix this i would be so happy...

I dont know what else to try :(

Thank You in advance!

*Just a note before i rebuilt my Pc XP worked fine with the net adapter but now i dont know whats happenned!. Im no good with PC's :(

See less See more
#2 ·
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Under the View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.

Please respond to all the following steps.

1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
  2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
  3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

#4 ·
1394 Net adapter #3
direct parallel
Linksys wireless-G usb newtork adapter with speedbooster v2 - packet scheduler miniport
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Schelduler Miniport
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #6
WAN Miniport (IP)
" " (IP) - Packet Schelduler Miniport
" " (L2TP)
" " (PPPOE)
" " (PPTP)

Btw the way the " " means 'WAN Miniport'

2. No there is not

3. Yes the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #6 shows a yellow (!) on the little icon of it!.

Also when i try to get driver details it says no driver files are required or have been
loaded for this device

Thank you for the help By the way it means alot!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.