1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia Net Adapter problems with XP (PLEASE HELP!)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by akkmann, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. akkmann

akkmann Thread Starter

Firstly i have a computer with windows vista on one hard drive and XP on another. Heres some PC specs

AMD Athlon XP
    1GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 6600
    Windows XP + Vista
    (thats all i know)

Now moving on... i currently have my Nvidia Nforce net adapter working on my Vista and the internet runs fine. i downloaded some nforce drivers for XP on my vista so i can install them onto XP but they never work!. First it installs and then it says new hardware found and stuff like that, Then it says it cannot install the net adapter (nvidia). I go onto device manager and i pull down net adapters and the nvidia one have a yellow triangle with a '!' mark and says it cannot be installed.

I try to get driver details and it says no files have been loaded for this driver and such.

If anyone could help me fix this i would be so happy...

I dont know what else to try :(

Thank You in advance!

*Just a note before i rebuilt my Pc XP worked fine with the net adapter but now i dont know whats happenned!. Im no good with PC's :(

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Under the View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.

Please respond to all the following steps.

1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
    2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
    3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

3. akkmann

akkmann Thread Starter

Okay but i have to boot up my Pc again and choose XP so it might take about 10 mins or so

4. akkmann

akkmann Thread Starter

1394 Net adapter #3
    direct parallel
    Linksys wireless-G usb newtork adapter with speedbooster v2 - packet scheduler miniport
    NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Schelduler Miniport
    NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #6
    WAN Miniport (IP)
    " " (IP) - Packet Schelduler Miniport
    " " (L2TP)
    " " (PPPOE)
    " " (PPTP)

Btw the way the " " means 'WAN Miniport'

2. No there is not

3. Yes the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #6 shows a yellow (!) on the little icon of it!.

Also when i try to get driver details it says no driver files are required or have been
    loaded for this device

Thank you for the help By the way it means alot!.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Is this a name brand computer or one assembled by you or a local builder? I need to know either the exact make/model of the computer or the motherboard for a custom build.

You can run a program like SIW (System Information Windows) that will give you complete system details.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice