1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by personperson, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. personperson

personperson Thread Starter

I wasn't sure if my computer was properly using the new geforce2600 I bought today so I used aida, and under windows graphics it said nvidia geforce but under pci/agp it as my motherboard ones.

Is this how it should be?

2. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

If I get it right you see the old integrated graphics card in device manager, right?
    Did you uninstall the integrated's drivers before adding your 6200? Did you disable it in BIOS?

If you didn't enter your BIOS by hitting the proper key (usually DEL) in boot screen. When in the BIOS search for an entry called Integrated peripherals or something similar. Find the integrated graphics and disable it then save and exit. You now should get correct info in windows.

3. personperson

Okay I went to the device manager and went to display and under Display Adapters it has the Nvidia card, but I seem to be having a lot of graphic bugs relating to messenger live, rise of nations (won't start) and many other random things, but I did install the drivers and have access to the nvidia cp

4. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Look, this graphic anomalies may occur due to integrated graphics...Please get in BIOS by following my steps and disable it. In most cases this can work things out.;)

One more question though before getting into BIOS. What driver's did you install for the 6200?
    Nvidia's official or the ones came with your 6200cd?

5. personperson

The one that came in the CD, I assumed they were the right drivers?

I'll check whats up in the Bios.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Some of the chipsets on motherboards are Nvidia. All you need to worry about is what's in the Display Adapters. If you have 2 there, then it would be conflicting.

7. personperson

I have VIA Chipsets, but in my bios it says PCI is already the preferred video adapter, so that must not be it..

8. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

The drivers that came on the cd are the right ones of course but the best thing to do is to update them with the newest one! Always keep your drivers up to date!

www.nvidia.com

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice