1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nvidia screen resolution probleme

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by llCHICKEN, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. llCHICKEN

llCHICKEN Thread Starter

Hello there
    So I've had my pc for about a month now and since the beggining if I go full screen on a video (on YT or other sites; on google, edge ect...) or play a game in full screen (all the game that I have all have the same issue) the screen resolution will change. If I uninstall the Nvdia driver I don't have this probleme but won't be able to play games.
    Here are the specs of my pc:
    -Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
    -Intel core I5 8th gen
    -16 gb of ram
    -250 gb ssd
    -Z370-P Asus MOBO

Natif pc resolution is 1360x768 with 60hz

I really need your help since it's getting so annoying

thx for taking the time to read this topic :)

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Switching to full screen or back to window, when using a browser, would typically be a browser issue. The browser simply resizes itself to use the entire screen (at whatever resolution you have the desktop set). The resolution shouldn't be changing.

Games on the other hand, can be configured to use any resolution. If the chosen resolution is smaller than the desktop resolution (or native resolution of the screen), then the image gets upscaled (ie: stretched) to fit the screen. If the chosen resolution is larger than the desktop resolution (or native resolution of the screen), then the image gets downscaled (ie: shrunk) to fit the screen. For optimal results with LCD panels, you should always use the native resolution whenever possible.

Are you using the latest drivers for your gpu chipset and OS from nVidia?

3. llCHICKEN

llCHICKEN Thread Starter

Hello again
    So I'm 100% sure that it's not a browser issue: 1srt of all because when I uninstall the driver, it dosent change the resolution and secondly because it happens on all browsers that I've downloaded (chrome, edge, firefox, tor).
    Also when I'm in a game, I am always playing on the right resolution (1360x768) I just have to put in bordeless windowed mode so that the bug doesnt happen. All my nvidia drivers are up to date.

Thx

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If you are running in "windowed mode", then everything gets resized to the desktop resolution by default (because it's a window).

Switching a browser or media player to "Full Screen" doesn't alter the desktop resolution, it simply tells Windows to display that item using the full desktop resolution (whatever resolution is currently set). It doesn't change anything.

I don't know how to help here because I'm not sure what is happening. I've been using computers and Windows since Win3.11. I have never seen a browser change the desktop resolution. So while I am sure you are seeing something happen, I highly doubt the screen resolution is changing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice