1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA TNT2 M64 16MB SVGA Graphics Card "PCI"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richardd2, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richardd2

richardd2 Thread Starter

Hi, I purchased this graphics card and installed it in an older P2 machine. All I get is black screen...no boot. Support page says to try different slot, so I tried them all. Suggestions? or is the card pooched?

2. norton850

norton850

What did the card replace?

3. richardd2

richardd2 Thread Starter

stealth 11 vga 4 meg card

4. norton850

norton850

If you put the old card back in does it work?

5. richardd2

richardd2 Thread Starter

yup...works fine, thought the new card would speed up the old machine. wasn't broke, but just like me it was a might slooow

6. norton850

norton850

Sorry no ideas. :( It seems to me it should work. What are the specs of your system? Any chance of trying the card in another system

7. richardd2

richardd2 Thread Starter

shoulda worked..i'll try another system tonight...when my patience has been restored

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What were you hoping to speed up? The TNT card in PCI isn't anywhere near modern and a very poor performed; although there isn't much that'll fit well into a Pentium II.

Was the Stealth card also PCI or AGP? If AGP then you may need to go into the BIOS using the Stealth card and set the Primary Display to PCI. Also try another PCI slot.

9. richardd2

richardd2 Thread Starter

I tried all the slots..same result, no post. Original stealth 2 card is PCI. Have 384 megs of ram ( 3 x 128) and I thought that a video card with built-in ram might free up some resources and move things along a little faster. My theory anyway. I've got another 'puter on my bench that I'll try it out on.

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Richard

10. will182

will182 Banned

try disabling your old graphics drivers or uninstalling them or have you done that?

11. richardd2

richardd2 Thread Starter

I did try removing the stealth card and I put the new card in the old slot, same result no post. I did not disable the stealth or try to un-install it for fear of making things worse....
    I did not try the card on another machine yet. That's my next move.
    I'll let you know what happens.

Regards,

Richard

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    In might be that the card is incompatible with your system. The Stealth card would have also had its own memory; just much less. The new card would help with video, games, some graphics, and produce a better image.

13. BigBadDog

BigBadDog

Every card I have replaced said to remove the card in device manager then turn off machine and replace card reboot and load drivers.Always works for me.

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    While its true that you should uninstall the drivers of a previous card it has no effect on the BIOS detection of the card. This is strictly a hardware issue at the moment.

15. BigBadDog

BigBadDog

Could be, but install directions are included to prevent problems.Anyway I have had a similar problem and following the instructions cured the problem.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/351201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice