1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NVIDIA TNT2 Ultra shows as standard VGA

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ari, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ari

Ari Thread Starter

MB ASUS CUSL2-C
    OS Dual boot WIN98SE/WIN2K
    384MB Ram

OK, here goes. I have a 32MB Nvidia TNT2 Ultra video card. However MOST of the time, the system won't recognize it as anything other than a standard VGA card. Every now and then it'll actually show as the correct card and when that happens it works GREAT (for a while), then all the sudden it's back to standard VGA again.

This happens in 98SE and 2K, I have 2 older Rage cards that I have no trouble with. Unfortunately I DON'T have another machine that I can put this card in right now.

Have all the latest drivers (that I can find) for everything, problem has persisted through a reformat and reload.

Any help at all appreciated.

(edited for spelling)

2. compilerxp

compilerxp

If your system is not HAVING issues with your other cards, then your TNT2 is the cause.... its an odd problem you have.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice