1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nView Display Clone Mode

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by QBA, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBA

QBA Thread Starter

HI

SET UP:
    I’m running Windows XP pro SP2 with:

Video Card: Processor: GeForce FX 5600
    Video BIOS version: 4.31.20.40.09, IRQ: 16
    Bus: AGP 8X, Memory: 256 MB
    ForceWare version: 78.01
    TV Encoder Type: Integrated (MV)

I have a Panasonic 27 inch TV (Model: CT-27SL14), here is a specifications link: http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Panasonic_CT_27SL14 (via S Video) and a ViewSonic LCD computer monitor (via DVI) both connected to my GeForce FX 5600 video card, to display the same thing using the clone “nView Display Mode” witch is seems to be working but I ‘m having a problem

I have found that the only way to be able to read any text like folders and menu names ect, from my computer desktop displaying on my TV is at 800 by 600 or lower.

Since NVIDIA drivers let me have two different resolution in the “nView Display Clone Mode” I ‘m using 800 x 600 on my TV and the LCD computer monitor to its nature resolution of 1280 x 1204.

DILEMA:
    1.) When I have the TV set up as a secondary device, My desktop image doesn’t seems to fit on my TV (The computer desktop seems too big) not matter what resolution I use on the clode mode.

2.) If I set up the TV as a primary device on the clone mode it seems to work fine fitting the computer desktop perfectly on the TV screen, (not matter what resolution I use) but it doesn’t let me set up my LCD resolution any higher than the 800 x 600 resolution of the primary device (TV).

QUESTIONS:
    1.) Do you guys know any way for me to have my TV set up as a primary device on the clone mode with an 800 by 600 resolution and be able to set up the secondary LCD computer monitor to its nature resolution of 1208 x 1024, using the latest Nvidia drivers: 78.01?

2.) Or be able to have my TV as a secondary device on the clone mode but be able to make the computer desktop fit the TV screen, using the latest NVIDIA drivers: 78.01?

Thanks

Alex

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!