1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nvlddmkm problem + vista wont install 2 updates...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by acexnyc, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acexnyc

acexnyc Thread Starter

please help me so I dont release my anger with a hammer on this computer.. :mad:

PLEASE READ THROUGHLY AND I THINK ONE OF YOU CAN SAVE THIS COMPUTER!! I will describe what happened in great detail...:(

So a while ago, out of the blue, my computer decides to freeze for a sec and it recovered with a error message saying 'nvlddmkm has stopping working but successfully recovered' (Now pros should be aware that this is a common error that still doesn't have a solution to) At first I shrugged it off but gradually the freeze got worse to a point where the blue screen with memory dumping showed up and I had to reboot..

Now recently I could not start the vista windows regularly (restore+repair doesn't work) The screen has like lines going through and won't show the windows.

So I started safe mode and after deleting many many things I decided to erase the Nvidia driver itself. And behold, for some reason the windows restarts and it works. But of course I can't play any games and the screen has LOTS of lines going through constantly...

I have been using the computer without the nvidia driver with my screen looking crappy for few days now... (I still don't know what the problem is exactly..)

And there's another problem I encountered... the windows update will not manually and automatically install two updates which are: KB953709 (reg update) KB940157 (windows search 4.0) with code error 80073712, 80070032 respectively.

In conclusion:

1. How to I fix the nvlddmkm error? Is there even a fix/solution?!?!?

2. Is there a way to play games and stuff like that without the nvidia driver? Why are there dots/dotted lines/lines appearing on and off on my screen?

3. Is there a connection with the uninstallerble updates and the nvlddmkm error? Any ideas?

4. How can update and install those two updates? (manual doesn't work, it just fails for no reason)

5. How can I factory restore? (F8 menu at first doesn't have it) Will my computer be okay after?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! :D

2. acexnyc

acexnyc Thread Starter

please help...
    my computer is still the same.
    pleaseeeee on the brink of factory restoring everything!!!
    but even then i dont even know how its so frustrating...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice