1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nvlddmkm.sys causes BSOD when Nvidia drivers are installed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VerticaLHorizoN, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VerticaLHorizoN

VerticaLHorizoN Thread Starter

I've been looking for a couple of days now, but no one seems to have this exact issue, and those who have similar ones got no solution.

One night my computer had overheated due to the temperature in my room. After my computer had cooled down I started it back up and went on about my business. The only problem was business was nearly impossible because, "nvlddmkm.sys" kept, "not responding" causing the screen to flicker and turn black then return again. I restarted my computer and every time it was about to reach the login screen it would BSOD saying nvlddmkm.sys was not responding or something. I booted in safe mode and uninstalled my Nvidia drivers and now I can boot normally. However, when Windows automatically reinstalls the drivers it BSODs when it restarts and I have to uninstall them in safe mode again. I am running Windows 7 x86 with no over clocking, my graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600.

The issue has miraculously fixed itself; after Windows automatically installed the drivers for like the 100th time, I didn't get the BSOD on boot, hopefully it will stay this way. If the issue continues I'll come back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!