NZXT Kraken Z63 Fans Not Spinning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larparper

Hi, I’m experiencing issues with my NZXT Kraken Z63 cooler. The pump and the LCD screen work just fine but the radiator fans just dont spin. When I turn on the computer, on my motherboard, I get a red light on the CPU thing. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Specs:
Intel i7-10700k
ASUS RTX 2060
Rog Strix Z490-A
Corsair CX650M 650W PSU

Hello larparper,

Couple of questions if I may;

Do you have the cooler connected to the correct AIO pump header on the MB.

You only mention the coolers fan not spinning but what else is or is not going on, do you get any video on your screen for example, MB diagnostic LEDs vary in what they mean, some only stay lit during POST while others go out once the computer has passed the POST and successfully booted into Windows.

Corsair CX650M 650W PSU
Not a good choice of model PSU for such a high end build, Corsair make some great PSUs but they also make entry level ones as well, you really need something Gold efficiency rated, what Corsair advise for your model of PSU below;

CX Series Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades, offering high reliability, low noise, and the flexibility of modular cabling.

larparper

Hello larparper,

Couple of questions if I may;

Do you have the cooler connected to the correct AIO pump header on the MB.

You only mention the coolers fan not spinning but what else is or is not going on, do you get any video on your screen for example, MB diagnostic LEDs vary in what they mean, some only stay lit during POST while others go out once the computer has passed the POST and successfully booted into Windows.

Not a good choice of model PSU for such a high end build, Corsair make some great PSUs but they also make entry level ones as well, you really need something Gold efficiency rated, what Corsair advise for your model of PSU below;

CX Series Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades, offering high reliability, low noise, and the flexibility of modular cabling.
I have the cooler connected to the CPU Fan header, I’ve tried connecting it to the AIO Pump header but it doesn’t change anything. When I boot up my PC, it says "CPU Fan error" and then tells me to press F1 for setup, then f1 goes into the BIOS. Once I go into the BIOS, I can press f10 and boot into Windows but it runs really slowly because my cpu is at 100 degrees celsius.

also, I am probably going to get a new PSU in a few days.

I have the cooler connected to the CPU Fan header, I’ve tried connecting it to the AIO Pump header but it doesn’t change anything. When I boot up my PC, it says "CPU Fan error"
It needs to be on the pump header + can I just make sure that you have connected the SATA connection that powers the pump independently of the AIO fan header.

larparper

It needs to be on the pump header + can I just make sure that you have connected the SATA connection that powers the pump independently of the AIO fan header.
I have connected the SATA connection, let me try to change it to the pump header. I'll let you know what happens in a second.

Can I ask that you do not quote every reply and only post back with the outcome once any suggested steps have been done, thanks.

No problem, its just that helping on forums means we have a lot of emails to get through every day.

What about trying another SATA connection from the PSU and making sure that the connections are secure at both ends.

If another SATA connection does not help, to avoid potentially frying the CPU I suggest that you remove the cooler and test it outside of the case.

To check the device outside of the case you will need to disconnect the PSU from the internal hardware (removing the PSU would be best) connect the cooler to the PSU via a SATA connection, jump start the PSU by following the steps as shown in the video here and then carefully place your ear by the device and listen to see if you can hear the pump running.

NB: Noticed in the fitting instructions that there is a micro USB connection that needs to be connected to a USB 2.0 header on the MB, has this been done.

larparper

Yeah the microUSB connection is connected to a USB 2.0 header, tried another Sata connection and that didn’t help. Also I can hear the pump running

If you can hear the pump running you should be able to check in the BIOS to make sure that the fan headers are enabled/detected, have you checked this.

Other than what has been suggested already I can only think of double checking that the fan breakout cable connections are secure, this is what is expected to power the fans once you have connected it to the AIO fan header on the MB.

larparper

I’m looking in Q-Fan control, cant find anything about those 2 headers.

only cha fan 1, cha fan 2, cpu fan, aio pump and m.2 fan

Looks like the device is only partially working, you can hear the pump running but no rpms for the pump either.

Time to contact tech support at NZXT I`m afraid as something is clearly faulty :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online