1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

o drives were found. Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver installation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nattyb, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nattyb

nattyb Thread Starter

Hi all, I have a Dell M1530 XPS and what a nightmare I am having installing Windows 7 on it.
    I go to install and get hit by this message
    "No Drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation"
    When I click next nothing happens I have the to cancel the installation.

I have tried pressing F2 to bring up the setup menu but do not know what to do from there.
    I have had a brand new motherboard fitted from dell and now unsure what model I have now.
    Using Belerc Advisor this is what it says about my system, any help would be great:
    Processor a
    1.67 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded
    Drives
    247.18 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    146.89 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Ricoh MMC Disk Device (247.18 GB) -- drive 1, s/n 0001

2. Ambrose

Ambrose

Hi there

Some problems I had and that also BSOD alot was that the hard disc compability mode was set wrongly, if so you would not see the discs.

Check in bios for somwthing like "AHCI" mode and "Compability" mode.

Put it to compability as otherwise special drivers are neededm ones added you can swap this back to get more speed.

Regards

Ambrose...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/908867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice