O.S. Freeze's when pc card inserted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex007

So I just picked up a belkin wireless pc card adaptor fora friends Dell c 610.. O.S. Win2kPro

I run the cd install the wireless ultility.. fine.. It prompts to insert the card. and then the O.S. freezes
When I take it out, its back to normal right away.. I tryed to boot the pc with the card in and it won't load windows it locks up every time......
I tryed the card in my C400 just to make sure.. and win 2k pro detects it and the install wizard runs so I know the card is good...

Checked the device manager and there was 2 texas insterments card bus controllers installed and reporting back as working... I do believe these were installed by the win2k install...
Could this be my problem I need a more specific.. card bus controller???
Is it an irq conflict??
The c610 has 2 pc card slots and I did try both...same thing the laptop freezes..
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

Do you have another pc card device to try in that same laptop? If its the controller it should be everyhing that causes the lockup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online