1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

o/s

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by leggs133, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leggs133

leggs133 Thread Starter

will someome walk me through installing an os system all the drivers are there so what do i do.

2. B3gbie

B3gbie

Are you installing from scratch or upgrading/reinstalling, or do you have a restore pack that came with your PC? The last one is easiest, simply restart with the appropriate disks in and follow instructions saying OK or Yes to everything. If upgrading/reinstalling then put the CD in and select reinstall/upgrade (whichever it is) and follow prompts. If installing from scratch i'll need to know which O/S it is, as they vary depending whether they are NT or 9x based.

3. B3gbie

B3gbie

Also, to install drivers go to control panel, system, select the thing your installing drivers for,properties, select update drivers and click have disk and select the directory with the drivers in.Hope this helps, shout if ive missed your point.

4. leggs133

leggs133 Thread Starter

5. leggs133

leggs133 Thread Starter

i still dont understand please step by step

6. B3gbie

B3gbie

What OS are you trying to install, is the machine completely empty or have you removed a previous os, normally you will need a floppy disk to get the cd rom drive to work (and install some basic system files) then run from CD, how's your knowledge of dos commands.

7. leggs133

leggs133 Thread Starter

im not ang good at all, tyring to do this for a friend who is paraligec. wanted to help the machine is empty bet papers says it has drivers. so what do i do.

8. B3gbie

B3gbie

go to www.mikesweb.com and enter chatroom osos password osos- you dont have to register - it'll be quicker that way.

9. B3gbie

B3gbie

OK then, insert floppy and let it boot. Then insert cdrom and let that run. If it doesnt ask for it try "CD D:\" - changes dir to your cd rom (might be E in dos, it's funny with drive letters) then find the setup program by typing "dir /p"
    Press a key to scroll to next page. When you find something that looks loke setup or install exe the type that eg"setup.exe". Hopefully something will happen.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice