1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when running program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hidingwarior, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hidingwarior

hidingwarior Thread Starter

So I am trying to run a three of different programs for modding a game called Fable The Lost Chapters. Every time I try to run the darn programs I get the following error, followed by a string of code I don't understand that is unique to each program:

"object reference not set to an instance of an object. when i try to run a program"

The strange thing is I've never gotten this error before and these programs were all made by different people, for my OS, and no other people that I know of have encountered this particular error which means the problem is on my end. The people said I needed .net 3.5, which after some googling I learned I do.

So I really want to get this worked out so I can use the programs, and I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

-hidingwarior

P.S. Please note that I have no experience with programming whatsoever.

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    This looks like a programming bug with the mods, so I suggest getting the latest patches for the game or contacting the authors of the programs with details of the error message to get it fixed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/833272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice