1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Object reference not set to an instance of an Object??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by russianseama, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russianseama

russianseama Thread Starter

My machine is a homebuilt ASUS P4G8X Deluxe motherboard. P4 3.06 512 RAM and all the goodies. Operating system is Windows XP PRO SP2
    I installed a new large hard drive and insured the system BIOS recognized the drive. Then I attempted to have Norton Ghost 9.0.2.3981 copy the source HD “C” to “D”. I receive the following message – “ UNABLE TO RETRIEVE THE DRIVE PROPERTIES. OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANCE OF AN OBJECT” !! ?? This has me snowed; a similar message appears when I try to do a backup job. This Ghost 9.0 version has been registered with Symantec. But their support help is non-existent. Hopefully this forum may enlighten me.

2. russianseama

russianseama Thread Starter

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/417568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice