1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Oblivion Crashs on Start UP! DX

Discussion in 'Games' started by NekoMaster, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NekoMaster

NekoMaster Thread Starter

Ok, i just got oblivion and I only got it becuz i like it and knew my new PC should handle it, well bad news is, IT DOESNT! EVERY TIME I TRY TO PLAY OBLIVION I GET A SMALL BLACK WINDOWS THEN IT SAYS THAT IT ERROED AND NEEDS TO CLOSE! WTF!

With my PC Spec the game should play decently
    Windows XP SP 3 (I AM NOT GETTING WINDOWS VISTA!)
    Penitum Celeron D @ 3.06Ghz
    512MB DDR2 Ram at 533Mhz
    256 MB VRAM Intell Graphic G965
    Sigma Tel Audio 5.1 Surround Sound (Back) 2.0 Stero (front
    80 GB SATA Hard Drive
    12x Speed SATA DVD-ROM/CD-R/RW Burner

2. badders

badders

Sorry chap - without more info on the error, it's hard to help.

Though looking at the Oblivion System Requirements, it's clear that Oblivion's not really designed to run on integrated graphics - which is what your 965 Chipset has, I'm afraid.

3. NekoMaster

Aw common, I played this on a PC with intergarated gfx card b4 and it ran smoothly

4. acameron

acameron

5. AidenR

AidenR

hey i kinda suffer from the same problem except when i click play on the start up menu the black screen comes up and my pc restarts any one got any help

6. NekoMaster

Hey dude, if you have a Mother bored with a free PCIe x16 slot then you might just be able to get a new video card,they arnt as expensive as i thought they would be (unless you want mad video power) but you will have to dish out a pretty penny for a decent PCIe video card, something like a 9th gen Nvidia or a newer ati should do it, but you have to make sure your power supply is good for your new card, 400W or more should do it (usually 50 to 100 bucks for one)

7. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Sounds like your getting a BSOD. Your whole system is crashing and it's set to auto reboot.
    If you don't want it to restart you can go...
    Start menu, Control Panel, System, Advanced tab... Click settings for "Start up and Recovery"... Under system failure there is a check box for automatically restart. If you uncheck that your system won't auto reboot and you will likely get the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
    Sometimes this will give the cause of the error. like a driver name or something.

8. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Well, it can depend on the video device and what drivers were in use.
    Oblivion may not like your set up, and tolerated the one you played it on.
    It is true though, many graphically intense games do not run well, or at all, with onboard graphics.

And....
    Onboard graphics usually take system ram. so that leaves you with 256mb of system ram to run a game that likes 1 gig or more.

If the "Play" launcher is working try lowering all the graphic detail see if Oblivion starts.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice