1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Oblivion Glitchs..

Discussion in 'Games' started by Unorthadox, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Unorthadox

Unorthadox Thread Starter

I'm having a graphical glitchs on Oblivion. The glitchs I'm having is once I step outside of the sewers and enter the open world, the land, water, etc, near me is normal detail, but the far away lands like the mountains and all the land across the river is flat and has no detail in it. it's just green(where the grass is suppose to be) and has no detail at all. I'd link a picture but I can't seem to get my print screen to work. Another thing is when I'm walking around I get trees and rocks and other objects popping in the screen, along with framerate issues(all on the open world). I even put the specs on very low and it still happens which is ridiculous for my system.

PC specs are:

GPU: GeForce 7950GT(512MB)
    RAM: 2GB DDR2
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E6400(2.13ghz)

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Oblivion is a major system intense game.
    Very low detail would make this happen, as the draw distance is so low, that trees and things are only drawn as you get near them. This is very important on slower machines.

Try to auto set the detail to High.. See if your machine can draw fast enough.
    It will depend on the amount of programs running in the background, and the RAM-DEC speed of your video memory..

Just try slowly raising the display detail in game..

3. hung.n.bled

hung.n.bled

im having probs with the game but its not to do with the graphics. the game always locks up on me, blue screen of death, computer turns off. no other games do it. iv used latest patches and still no fix. its annoying me.

4. thehungryhippo

thehungryhippo

perhaps it's a heat problem?

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

May need to start your own post, just so we don't get our help mixed up.
    Oblivion is strange, I could run it on High detail with a few extra tweaks of improvement. However if I auto set it to "Ultra", it would Blue screen on me. :confused:

So try lowering the graphics a little. Even if your system should play it fine.

6. Unorthadox

Yeah I tried all the auto settings, very low, low, medium etc, all of them do the same thing. In closed off areas like caves and buildings it has no problems, it's just out in the open world. Bad framrates, objects popping on screen no matter the draw distance, etc. What bugs me is it's not like there are only a FEW framerate issues or something, it's bad to the point where i can't really play. I have no overheating issues or anything like that, my PC is working perfectly. I close all processes I'm not using when I play, etc. Anyways, thanks a lot for all the suggestions, if you guys know anything more i'd be glad to hear it.

7. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Hmm, well.. Did you defrag your hard drive after installing?

8. tyler06stephen

tyler06stephen

lol i know of a funny way to multiply items, especially funny things like sandals.
    buy about 500 cheap arrows and draw one back

while holding it back go into your inventory and select an item to drop,
    fire the arrow and then drop all of the cheap arrows.
    hundreds of the item you selected (the sandals) will fall from above your head

i think thats how it goes...
    just figured id let you all know, but im sure you all already knew how to do this :)

9. Unorthadox

I didn't defrag.. Would this make much of a difference?

10. kame_sanjo

kame_sanjo

i know what you are talking about, if you turn off "distant land" you will be fine, and personally it looks better to me when you do that and have the view distance on all the way because it looks kinda like a real temperate area of the world :p

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice