1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Obp! Help!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MarkAnthonyChesn, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MarkAnthonyChesn

MarkAnthonyChesn Thread Starter

OBP!

I have a new little project! Can you help?

If yes....I am trying to make a small database for contacts, projects, and programmes. I need everything to be interlinked where contacts would also list the projects they participate and the same for projects to list all of the contacts that participate...real vague...I know.

I have attached the tables and some simple forms to get started...

If, no.....please don't say no!

PS. Have you started using 2010??? I cannot seem to save it to an earlier version...

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP

No I haven't started using Access 2010, or even 2007 for that matter.
    I can take a look for you but I am going to be busy away from the Computer (Decorating my Son's house) for most of each day from now till Sunday.
    If you only save the tables & queries, it should save as or import in to Access 2003 OK.

ps how's the Wine business going?

3. MarkAnthonyChesn

Great to hear from you! And I hope the decorating is coming along!

We are pushing forward with the Enoteca Hindlian for the next season with strategies for a National Promotional Centre for Bulgarian Wines. Cross your fingers!

As I also work with many EU funded projects from the many EU programmes, I need a small database to collect this information...I should know how to do all this but, I am not a database guru such as yourself!

I will walk through the concept again with a bit more direction:

First I need a Project Partner/Organisation form with a way to list the different individuals from that organisation that have worked on each project. There will be many projects for each Project Partner/Organisation and many differing individuals per project.

I also need an EU Project form that will provide for descriptions, programme, programme year, status, etc. I should be able to reference all of the project partners per project.

I also need the same type of form which describes each EU Programme and also be able to reference projects and participants based on each programme¬Ö

I have included the possible tables and a loose structure to the database....

Thanks as always!!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. OBP

OBP

OK, I will take a look, but it may take a while.

5. MarkAnthonyChesn

Thanks!!!!!

6. OBP

OBP

OK, I have had a look at the tables & Relationships and I have a couple of questions.
    The Project table has a ProponentID, but the Proponent table has a ProjectID, which is obviously a "conflict".
    I am I correct in thinking that a Project can have Multiple Proponents and a Proponent could be invloved with multiple Projects?
    Where does the Liquidations table fit in to the table structure?
    Unfortunately you do not use the same words in your forum description as the names of the tables, can you tell me what equals what?
    Obviously the Project table is self explanetory, but is a Proponent = Partner/Organisation? etc

7. MarkAnthonyChesn

Dear OBP.....I think you have some confusion with the files....

please check the files again and tell me if there is still some conflict with the names.....it looks ok from my end....

Attached Files:

8. OBP

OBP

Sorry, wrong projects database.

9. OBP

OBP

So are "Contacts" = Individuals on your diagram or ProjectPartners/Organisations?

10. MarkAnthonyChesn

Hey OBP!

So, I was tinkering around...mind you that's all I'm really capable of :)

I separated the Companies from the Contacts...2 tables now because I will have different people from the same company working on different projects. Companies with a one-to-many with projects and a many-to-many with a third table ProjectID & ContactID, plus I placed a one-to-many Programmes to projects...

here is me trying to export again in 2003.....

Failing....I have 5 tables with no information and it is 1.24 MBs?????

11. MarkAnthonyChesn

Hey OBP!

2010 has report abilities, sooo....maybe they will help???

Attached Files:

12. OBP

OBP

OK, you have created that correctly, it reproduced what I had done when I asked the question, although you now have a Company table as well.
    You should do a Compact & repair to reduce the size of the database and then Zip it to put it on here in Access 2003 format.

13. MarkAnthonyChesn

Hello! I had to create a new database and import all of the tables then save to 2003...anyway, here it is!

I separated the Companies from the Contacts, because one company may have several experts each working on different projects,,,

Please have a look :)

THANKS!!!!

Attached Files:

14. OBP

OBP

Mark, are you going to be making any more changes?

15. MarkAnthonyChesn

I know I am being difficult....no I think that is all with the tables :) unless you have some technical suggestions and/or additions...

THANKS!!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice