OC Processor i5 6600k downclocking and high usage

I5 6600k help

• Anybody

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Johnnyjr180

CPU i5 6600k overclocked to 4.4 downclocking from 4.4 to 3.5 when running obs, plus going to 70% of load when watching Twitch on chrome my tempeture goes around 35c and 40c? Any help

16GB RAM

R9 380 2GB MSI GPU

Asus z170-a motherboard

i5 6600k oc 4.4

corsair H100i v2 water cooler

windows 10

crjdriver

Just because it is overclocked to 4.4gig does not mean it runs at that speed all of the time. EIST will vary cpu speed dynamically in relation to load. Run prime95 and see if your cpu does not run at full speed.

Next, remember you are never guaranteed that your cpu will run at a speed over it rated speed.

How exactly did you overclock ie did you up the multi OR did you up the bclk speed? Did you test the overclock stability using either prime95 or IBT?

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The Intel Core i5-6600K processor has a 3.50 GHz clock speed and 3.90 GHz turbo speed and has an impressive average benchmark score of 7791.
The AMD Radeon R9 380 2 GB graphics card has an impressive average benchmark score of 5536.
Your gaming system also has 16 GB of DDR4 RAM - which is the newest and fastest it can use.
I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but I'm at a loss as to why you would risk damage or instability to your gaming system by overclocking the processor.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Johnnyjr180

I was desperate man didn't know what to do my OBS program for streaming is not running very well, it lags and freezes even at the lowest settings.

Johnnyjr180

Just because it is overclocked to 4.4gig does not mean it runs at that speed all of the time. EIST will vary cpu speed dynamically in relation to load. Run prime95 and see if your cpu does not run at full speed.

Next, remember you are never guaranteed that your cpu will run at a speed over it rated speed.

How exactly did you overclock ie did you up the multi OR did you up the bclk speed? Did you test the overclock stability using either prime95 or IBT?
I used the Asus dual intelligent processors 5 for the overclocking, I didn't do it manually. My problem here is with obs freezing and lagging even at lowest settings

crjdriver

IMO software overclocking is less than useless; ALL overclocking should be done manually in the bios/uefi then checked for stability. If the overclock is not stable, it is worthless.

First of all, remove ALL overclocking. Return all settings to stock then run some programs to see if you still have the problem. I would download/install the asus monitoring software for your mb [this is available on the support page for your board] Once that is installed, run some type of stress test ie prime95 or IBT [both free downloads] Post the following info; cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Ideally post these under a no load condition and under a full load condition.

A few other items;
1 Is this a clean install of win10 OR did you upgrade an existing os to win10?
2 When you do any windows install, it is done in the following order;
A Install the os
B Update to the latest service pack [no sp for win10]
C Install the chipset/mb driver [sometimes called inf driver]
D Install sound, nic/lan drivers
E Install video driver
F Run windows update and install all critical updates. Repeat until there are no more critical updates.
3 Failure to install in the above order often results in drivers not config correctly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts