OCing video card...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmcsierra99

Banned
im wanting 2 OC my FX5200, i downloaded Coolbits, but cant find anything about OCing in the Nvidia control panel, can anybody help? thanks...

You may need to reboot after you apply coolbits. if it don't come up then maybe the 5200 just don't cut the grass for overclocking

gmcsierra99

Banned
somebody i know Oc'ed the same card,had no problems at all...

and got a pretty good boost 2...

I just applyed coolbits and open control panel, clicked monitor temps and in related tasks I seen overclocking bits.
Thats the latest control panel with the last drivers 91.31

With "the latest" there is no option in the nvidia control panel to overclock. You must switch back to "traditional view" or some option like that, to switch to the old(er) nvidia control panel (which in my opinion is better) There should then be an option to change cpu and memory clock settings. I don't remember the exact wording of all of the options/buttons, but I do remember that you have to switch to classic view for the overclocking. And if you don't like the classic view, you can change back when you have found a stable overclock.
Hope this helps.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i already have the older control panel...ok, thanks alot, i didnt know you had 2 be in the classic view 2 overclock, i oc'ed it a little, how much you think the max is?

I have no clue, i don't even know the stock specs, it will depend on what cooling you have. I oc'ed my mx400 (yes, i know very lame) to 1.5 i think, with a big fan blowing directly on it. The performance increase was noticable in tests, and average frame rates, but i didn't notice any increase in gameplay. (24fps doesn't look too much different than 28fps to me)

OC'ing varies between different cards and different manufacturers, do it at your own risk, know that if you do break your card it void's the warranty . . .

Good Luck

I know, so it probably has a mediocre fan on it, if that at all. In fact I don't even think a 5200 has a fan, only a heat sink. OC at your own risk . . .

gmcsierra99

Banned
yup, it only has a heatsink, the fan i had on it before, i broke the power cord lol, soo i gotta find a small fan 2 put on there again...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online