OCR Sacnning into Word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jeanerino

Please help. I have been trying to scan an application using Paperport and then using the OCR transition ti MS Word. The scan is okay. But when I do the OCR, Word opens up and half the information is gone and some information is broken, nonEnglish, and missing.
The application I have tried to scan does have lines in it and originally was in color. I did copy it to black and white before scanning.
I also tried to go directly to WORD and insert from there, but I was unable to edit the scan when I finally got it to show.
I want to be able to scan in a document and then make some changes to it.
Please let me know what I can do or if I need special software..........
Thanks,
jean

Anne Troy

Anne
Sounds like you have the right software.

Unfortunately, documents with graphics and with text in columns, lists, etc., don't always scan well.

If it were me, and I really wanted to scan instead of retype, then I'd probably take the original and cut it all up so it's only straight paragraph text and then scan it. For instance, if you have a page with 2 columns, cut the page in half and scan it as two pages.

Use find and replaces to fix some of the weirdo characters.

OmniPage Pro is supposed to do this extremely well - the latest version which I think is 12. It does not come cheap however.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online