Ocz Powerstream 420 Watt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jays_rule

Hi, this was my orignal plan for my pc. But I found out later that my motherboard supports AtX 2.0 power supply, and the ultra x-connect 500watt psu would not work. I'm thining about the OCZ powerstream 420 watt. It looks good, but would it be enough for my computer? And anyone who has this psu, please leave a comment
Thanks.

LG GSA-4163B DVD+RW
ASUS P5LD2 DELUXE
CORSAIR VALUE SELECT DUAL CHANNEL 1024MB
GIGABYTE GEFORCE 6600GT PCI-E
THERMALTAKE TSUNAMI VA3000
ULTRA X-CONNECT 500W
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.7 120GB
INTEL PENTIUM 4 530J 3.0GHZ

For upgradability I would go for the OCZ powerstream 520 watt. It's a good powersupply with tweaking options for when you decide to overclock. Other good brands: Antec, Enermax, PC power+cooling(high end), Tagan series e-power, Seasonic(expensive again). Thats just a few. Best to just buy the best you can afford considering you will have a good upgrade path with the components chosen. Look for good amount of amperage on the +12v rail(mine runs dual +12v rails equalling 33amps and is considered pretty good but also expensive at 100 usd).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online