ODBC error ... sytem error 1157 ... help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

agent_c

.. hello helpful people ..

.. I was trying to install MS Access 97 ... and got an error .. (windows system error 1157)

.. it says:

-- the setup routines for Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 1157.
.. (could not load the setup or translator library).

.. I've read that installing DATAACC.EXE helps .. but I don't have the original MS Office 97 CD here at work. (I have an update version that installs Access only).

.. during the installation (right at the end) .. it's says:

-- The config. of the ODBC Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) driver failed.

* running windows 98 .. on a crap system .. but I need MS Access .. any help would be GREATLY appreciated

.. thanks.

Go to Microsoft's web site and dl the latest version of MDAC...should take care of the ODBC driver problem.

agent_c

.. installed MDAC (v.2.6) ... and tried installing MS Access 97 again .. same error :

-- configuration of ODBC driver failed.

.. argh .. can anyone offer some ideas .. I am fairly competent on a computer .. but I don't know ODBC drivers very well.

.. thanks some more.

agent_c

.. has nobody had any ODBC problems ... windows 98 ... my settings are messed up becuase of some IBM Client Access software ...

.. has anyone had problems installing MS Office because of their ODBC settings (windows error 1157) .. ??

.. so lost.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online