Odd Bios post or first boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

frizz

I need some help with a friends computer I am building, Last Thursday I was almost finished and decided to give it a first shot try to see if there is any problems so far so I gave it sorta a cold boot and I get a beep for good the keyboard lights flash on, good sign the bios shows up on the monitor the CPU is detected and the memory is already tested and is oked and then the hyper thread technology is detected and enabled ( enabled in bold) then it stops , well it doesnt stop it just flashes the screen when turned on li ke that .

So I tried everyhting Icould think of I tried moving the ram unplugging clearing the CMOS taking out the battery do ing that over and over, even took out the power for the HD and the diskette I checked to see if the diskette and HD were working on a old PC there fine and the ram is fine too I tried tapping the del kep when Iturn it on I tried every button tap known to man so I come here and see if I can get some answers does th eboard seem to be broken?

This is the specs f or the computer Iam working on
P4 3 GHZ 800 with a 1 mb cache
Abit IS7
1 Gig Stick of cructial ram
80 gig HD western digital
3.5 diskette
CD rom /DVD player Sony
Aspire 560 watt
Readon X800 XP

any help is appreciated:confused:

frizz

I am not working on it now but yes I am building it for him but right now I cant even get bios to open for me

Edit: yes the specs are the same for the computer that I am building

dustyjay

Jay
Can you enter the bios and make sure your drives are all set to auto? Or wont it let you enter BIos?

frizz

No it wont let me enter bios what so ever I tried tapping the del as I pressed power I pressed Esc tapping everything even tried 3 different keyboards I cannot enter bios what so ever I would like some help how

crjdriver

Go through the doc above, however if it does not allow you into the bios, do you have a usb keyboard? If so, use a ps2 keyboard.

One other thing I have noticed on some keyboards; if you need to hit a function key ie F1, F2, etc you may need to enable the function keys. I ran into this just a few days ago and it baffled me for about 30 min before I realized that you needed to enable the function keys on the keyboard.

frizz

I will try two of these ideas but I dont think its a mouting problem since it half posts

crjdriver said:
Go through the doc above, however if it does not allow you into the bios, do you have a usb keyboard? If so, use a ps2 keyboard.

One other thing I have noticed on some keyboards; if you need to hit a function key ie F1, F2, etc you may need to enable the function keys. I ran into this just a few days ago and it baffled me for about 30 min before I realized that you needed to enable the function keys on the keyboard.
uh oh, what? do I owe you a royalty? I thought this was a pretty handy set of diagnostic instructions.

frizz

It is and thank you for it you dont owe me anything Iam just tired working on this problem I will give the USB keyboard a try out but it shows the keyboard is working the lights flick when turned on.

Edit: I think it f reezes thats maybe why I cannot use the keyboard but how do I enable the keys?

try going into bios with only the necessary hardware , memory> hd>ect .clear your cmos from jumper on mother board, power up, re set to defaults

frizz

I did I took out the HD and t he diskette I cant even enter bios it only half posts, when I turn it on it just stops at hyper thread technology enabled and I cannot even enter bios, it would be wonderful if I could.

I tried taking out the battery and clearing the jumper I tried those combinations

crjdriver

brite750 said:
uh oh, what? do I owe you a royalty? I thought this was a pretty handy set of diagnostic instructions.
I was just adding about the usb keyboard; quite often they cause issues when you are trying to get it to post:D :D ;) ;)

frizz

I turn on the power I get a screen it beeps once, it shows the award bios detected and the Detected CPU 3 GHZ, 800 and the memory detected and the hyper thread technology enabled

it justs posts that in one second I cannot type anything nothing at all it just gives me a screen when it beeps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online