1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

odd clicking sound then freeze help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nocturn, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nocturn

nocturn Thread Starter

Whenever i boot my system (windows vista) normally, it works fine anywhere from 5 min to a couple of hours, then freezes. Every 2 or so freezes, right before my laptop makes a clicking sound. I did a disk check and it came back good. If i boot up in safe mode, it works just fine for as long as needed, but no sound is killing me. i dont have the money to take it to a tech shop, and am nt experienced enough to really troubleshoot it myself, any ideas? What could be causing it? and what must i do to repair it? Thanks

2. Fezza 8800

Fezza 8800

if it works fine in safe mode... get some good anti-virus apps, and scan your files in safe mode.

I had exactly your problem around three years ago, and doing just that fixed the problem. Let me know

3. nocturn

nocturn Thread Starter

what would you reccommend? i have avg and mcafe

4. Fezza 8800

Fezza 8800

I'd suggest NOD32 - one of the best out there right now. Just DL a trial version to scan in safe mode. AVG and MCAFE are great too - use those if you want if getting NOD32 is too much of a hassle.

In conjunction with an anti-virus, in safe mode scan with antispyware, antimalware applications etc. Clear the infenctions of files that you don't want.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice