1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

odd crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by accat13, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accat13

accat13 Thread Starter

Random crash not very frequent...
    Usb devices seem to be locking up (keyboard,mouse)...On the first reboot the system properties read...... Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.33Gghz
    2.8 GHZ. 896 mb of ram
    AT the next reboot its back to normal Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.8Ghz
    2.8 GHZ. 896 mb of ram
    I'm not sure if its relevant but when I had the vcore set to auto in the bios it would increase to 1.6, it usually sits around 1.34 the temperature of the cpu would also increase at this point by about 5 degrees...I have set the vcore at 1.34 the temps are now stable but still very random crashes...It doesn't seem to crash when the system is stressed in fact usually when idling.....I'm at a loss Sometimes its just a (crash ) random reboot (no error message) with the same symptoms of the cpu reported as 2.33 @ 2.8 :confused:

2. accat13

accat13 Thread Starter

More strange symptoms locked up while starting to play a game .Had to do a hard shut down.Would not reboot.No post beep...Green lights flashing on and off on dvdrw drives continuously...Had to do a hard shut down and power down completely with the psu switch ...Was able to get it to reboot but it reclocked itself to a p4 2.33 again (upon another reboot it went back to 2.8)...I had these problems once before and pulled the whole board out of the case and powered up with minimum drives and ram on the motherboard box...Rebuilt the system and all seemed to sort itself out for about a week or so...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/480626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice