1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd desktop load and boot

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Chewy_Solo, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewy_Solo

Chewy_Solo Thread Starter

Yesterday, I was playing Team Fortress 2 and listening to music with XION a music player. XION started "looping" the same section of the song like its lagging, and then i quit the game, and it stopped responding, then so did explorer.exe, i couldnt open task manager. I shut it down and many error came up, then i restarted it today and it booted windows and CHKDSK popped up imediately so i skipped it, (it was trying to scan my non windows HDD). So once i logged in, it took forever to load windows fully and my programs, so then i open up explorer.exe and that freezes so i had to kill it with the "not responding diollogue" then i did control alt delete, and taskmanager to start it up again, but screen just went black. This continues to happen, if i try to boot in safe mode it doesnt, but i can boot into normal fine with that issue. Its unoperable. I just reformated my computer about a week or 2 ago so i shouldnt be having this kind of problems. PLEASE HELP. I cant take all these computer problems anymore.

EDIT: i even tried booting without my HDD it kept trying to CHKDSK with no change to the issue.

2. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

Why don't you let CHKDSK complete it's scan?

Usually CHKDSK doesn't pop up unless there is/are errors on the drive that are causing access problems.

3. Chewy_Solo

Chewy_Solo Thread Starter

ive tried but it freezes up at 5%

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!