1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd File In Win 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Linkmaster, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linkmaster

Linkmaster Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,
    Runnning Win2000 pro!
    Have a question to see if anybody has seen this before. In my C:\winnt directory I have a file named .file_store_32 it has ten files in it. they will open in notepad but they are jibberish. I think it is an entry from a online store of some kind.My teens say they have not signed up for anything ( Ya Right!!) Any insite would be appreciated. It does not contain virus and is as far as i know not spyware (spybot says its clean). It is not causing any problems at all but just curious. I would like to lose it if I can. I hate things in my system that I dont know anything about.

Thank You!!

2. cnm

cnm

Put the whole directory in the recycle bin for a week or two. If no problems turn up, then Empty recycle bin. Otherwise you can restore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice