Odd Graphic Distorsions in games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DrkSdBls

I've been getting odd Distorsions in various games.

In WOW, I'm getting "jumps" in character movement as well as constant slowdowns.

In Age of Pirates, The Characters all move VERY fast with constant Jumps and Slowdowns as well.

Also, the Graphics thenselves aren't anywhere near sharp as they were. Only thing I've changed was that I exchanged my CTS monitor with a LCD flatscreen a few months back but it only improved my gaming after that.

I've tested my Graphics card with dxdiag with no errors and I've tested my RAM as well with no errors. I'm at a lost as to what's causing it.

My Specs from dxdiag:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3582MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

DrkSdBls

Well, I can't say that I do seeing as I don't know what that is but if it came with the CPU then mostly likely I did as I do a complete install from disk when I built my machine.

But, in case I didn't, where may I find it?

edit: nevermind. found it.

yep AMD website

Let us know if that fixes it, sounds like the problem, i have the same CPU, when i got it it did it to me in NFSU2 after 5 mins or so it would go spaz.

c..

oh and just so ya know you need to install the CPU driver first then the optimiser, it probably says that on the AMD site.

DrkSdBls

Well, I'm not entirely sure if it completely fixed the problem. The Age of Pirates game certainly improved. There's no more Characters racing around, though the main character seams to be a little slow to respond. It might just be me but I don't remember it like this before when I originally installed the game.

I'll have to play WOW a little while to see if I notice any difference there.

well there may be other isues but i know for sure that if you dont have the optimiser under XP games will freak out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online