1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd Hang..

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Klownicle, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klownicle

Klownicle Thread Starter

Im getting a Odd hang in a fresh install of windows xp.

First off let me say I have never expierenced this problem till I did a Raid 0 yesterday setup. Im running two 10k rpm 34gb raptors in a raid 0 stripe array for pure speed.

I get a werid hang at completely random times while preforming tasks.

The hang is really werid. Its kinda like the computer isn't responding but yet I can still do some tasks, all I can find that I can do is hit the windows key and popup the start menu (completely fast with no lag what so ever), and bring up lock computer dialog. If I click task manager from here sometimes it will bring it up but I can't use it. Nothing reports that it is not responding, and if I continue to open up task managers I slowly get updates to my screen. Ctrl alt Del brings up the lock dialog instantly. My mouse will move and I can click all I want and hit all the keys I want but I get no beeps from the computer for instance like if im hitting too many keys. But I don't get any response from my clicks.

But for instance if I have a download going in the background when my computer soo called hang happens, the download window is completly updating fine. Same goes with if Im in a chat room.

Sometimes if I open task manager enough or click around enough i can get it to respond. Othertimes I need to reset the pc.

I have done a fresh install of windows twice now and no avil same problem. I have two processes starting up with my pc that I can't seem to remove. One is a iexplorer.exe and a unsecapp.exe.

I have done a virus scan via avast and found nothing.

Any help would be appreicated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice