1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd issues in Office Pro Plus 2016

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by valis, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valis

valis Moderator Thread Starter

Curious if anyone else has seen this; Google, so far, hasn't been any help. I've repaired Office, this still crops up occasionally. When it does, there is nothing you can do, save close the file. If you try to save it, even your options for saving it are missing.

Image below. Basically, all icons on the main tool bar and the quicklaunch toolbar are missing. If you mouse over them, they will not reappear, but if you click on something up there, it will take effect. Problem is, you can't see what you are clicking on. I can't recreate it, and I can't narrow down what causes it; it's been random with about 4 people here, myself included. When I re-opened the file I was working on when this happened, it was fine, and the problem did not re-occur.

Thanks,

v

upload_2016-9-7_7-52-52.png

2. DataBase

DataBase

Been using Office 2016 Pro Plus for a while now and not seen this issue come up, stupid question but have you tried to reinstall? not sure if repair is the equivalent of reinstalling but I guess there is no harm in trying.

3. valis

I have not. We pushed this out with BigFix, and a reinstall, while an option, is something I'd prefer to avoid currently.

Yeah, it's a head-scratcher.

4. DataBase

DataBase

Hmm yup definitely a strange one, I take it also you have checked within office for updates?

I think you can find it somewhere like 'Office button > Help and about > Check for updates'

I did a google search also which found nothing exciting, i'll keep an eye out if I see something helpful ill post back

5. valis

I did use the MS Analyzer Tool last week on it (unrelated issue), and it found one update to install. The odd part is that while only that laptop has had that update installed (the others are receiving it this evening) other OPP 2016 installs have had that identical problem.

I've emailed the user to let me know when I can run a repair on her machine, and once that is done, we will monitor.

What bugs me the most about it, and what is making me think this could be an error with Excel itself, is that it is not consistent. For instance, when she got this last night, she had to close Excel entirely and re-open it, thereby losing all the data she had worked on. When she reopened the file, and recreated the work she had done, the issue did not present itself again. Very odd, to say the least.

6. DataBase

DataBase

Hi,

just wondering if you got anywhere with this issue?

7. valis

Nope, but it's only occurred once since then. I'm of the mindset this one is unsolvable. :)

8. DataBase

DataBase

One of those things I guess. At least its only happened once since then so fingers crossed.

9. valis

Yup. The other thing I'm thinking is that it will decrease over time to nil, as MS pushes out the updates. Fingers definitely crossed.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice