1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd Laptop docking station problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dustin.M, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustin.M

Dustin.M Thread Starter

The PC in question is a Dell Latitude D620. When off the docking station, the screen display is normal, however when it's hot docked, or cold booted from the dock, the screen displays only 1/4 of the screen, however it shows the entire image. It's hard to put into words for me, it's displaying the entire desktop, same resolution, however the image its self is maybe 4 inches. I did fix this problem on my laptop by updating drivers, however I would have to explain this process over the phone as I am a support guy, and if it doesn't work, then I'm back to the beginning. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I the only one with the off the wall calls..

2. Dustin.M

Dustin.M Thread Starter

nevermind, it's fixed. the person who is using the laptop forgot to mention they adjusted the resolution, and it's a widescreen monitor, so it had the black bars.. amazing how people forget the details...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!