1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd Mod Question???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wogster, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Does anyone have the know-how to build or if there is such a thing as a low-voltage photo-cell available? I have lights on the front of my CPU case that are on all the time the CPU is. I'd like to wire them into a voltage that the computer would recognise, it's 12 volts isn't it? Actually I just checked, the lights are wired into yellow power wires, aren't they 3 volt? Is this a mod anyone has tried before, I think it would be cool if the lights would only come on when they'd be seen best and it would make the perfect nightlight.
    It's a silver P4 ATX Case with on each side (on the front face), two semi-clear plastic rectangle rods fused into the CPU body. They shine an awsome blue light. Does anyone have any idea's??

Wogster.

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

I don't see why that wouldn't work. The photo cell is just a switch. It would be able to break the circuit when the room is bright enough. You may have to do some research to find one that is adjustable enough to work the way you need it to. Some have a bit of a delay, to keep them from flickering.

3. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Thanks Longhair, I'll look into different photocells and see what comes up.

Wogster.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice