Odd Mouse Behavior

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iceblade2097

I have an older Microsoft optical mouse. Recently, the buttons on it started acting odd. At first I would have to smash down hard on the buttons for them to work. Then the following day I had to alt tab to a different window and back for them the buttons to work.

So figuring it was just some crud that got under the buttons I poured some rubbing alcohol on to the mouse. After that the right mouse button works fine its just the left mouse button that doesn't work.

I was hoping the forum here had some suggestions on what I could do, or tell me I just killed my mouse by pouring rubbing alcohol on it. Thanks.

I think you killed it.The mouse has little openings in-between the right & left buttons and it's possible that alcohol went inside them.

The best thing to do is to buy a Logitech USB Mouse that costs around $7.54.

Good luck!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I agree. Buy a new Logitech or Microsoft USB optical scrolling mouse. A basic model(not a fancy gaming one) can be bought for about $10.00 at "Walmart".

-----------------------------------------------------------------

True. The Amazon link I shared on the previous post lists a mouse for $7.54. I believe that's the cheapest you can get.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
When it comes to buying hard drives or video cards or something else that I'm not in a big hurry for or can't find elsewhere, I use the www.newegg.com or www.amazon.com sites.

When it comes to buying a mouse or keyboard or something else that I need in a hurry, I go to "Walmart" or "Best Buy" or "CompUSA" or some other electronics store.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

----------------------------------------------------------------

iceblade2097

Was afraid you would say that at least optical mice are cheap these days, had the mouse hanging upside down for a few hours hoping it would drain away any left over rubbing alcohol. So far left mouse button doesn't work but everything else does x.x.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
As cheap as Logitech and Microsoft mice/keyboards are, it's usually not worth the effort to try to repair one.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online