1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd network problem, more busy comp - faster network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lucke1, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucke1

lucke1 Thread Starter

Hello, i am new here on the forum. Im looking for any gentle help i can get here from you guys who might be able to figure out my problem.
    For some time ago (around 1 month) ive been having problems with my internet from time to time which include a really slow responding or sending into the internet. It is so that sometimes my ping goes up above 200ms and stays there for a quite some time (maybe an hour or more). I check my ping using cmd and typing "ping ping.sunet.se". I can also feel that the delay is huge when playing online games, so there is deffenitly something wrong with the sending and responding. Also when i check my connection in mb/s using some homepages that calculates it, like "bredbandskollen.se" (a swedish page). And here i see that the mb/s speed is prefectly fine (around 7mb/s recieving and 0.4-0.1mb/s sending). Not sure if the sending speed is accepting thou. And when my internet is busy, like when i am streaming something or things like that, my responding speed gets a bit better like 150ms, thou when my internet is doing fine and works as it should i usually stay around 20ms ^^ so something must be wrong.
    Now i woundering what might cause my internet troubeling. Any thoughts would be great, thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!