Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odd page .. getting worse

Solved 
762 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  faller49 
#1 ·
while surfing, with no real site preference I started getting this and it is getting worse.. now there are some sites that only open to this even after multiple tries..
any ideas.

I think I attached a file

Attachments

#3 ·
Its a standard popup window when you request downloading something. Looks like techguy.org wants to download "odd page.docx" ?

Computer Product Black Font Screenshot

#4 ·
The page is a screen shoot but transferred with a word program rather than Paint.. I will use Paint in the future.. The document, once opened should allow you to Zoom to see it.

In other searches including contact with my Dell warranty folks I was told it is showing the encryption instead of the page and that it was probably because of a virus.. I have Bitdefender Antivius and it is scheduled to do quick scan daily and full scan monthly.. Before contacting anybody about this problem I also did a Malwarebytes scan and at that time nothing helped. Since posting this and other quires and getting the thoughts of Dell I did a forced full scan and did another Malwarebytes scan.. with reboots several times.. I do not have the answer on what or why but I cannot get the problem to show up again and I have tried a lot of the similar surfing that I had done when getting the problem..
So
I thank all for there help and will mark this solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.