Odd PC/Monitor glitch or bug

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tdrew44

I'm unsure if this would be the correct category as I'm not sure which part of my system is actually failing.

Windows 10
Nvidia EVGA GTX970
Intel I7-4770K

I recently upgraded from my old monitor (a Samsung 27inch curved full HD monitor) to a Samsung flat 4K monitor.
Plugged it all in correctly and used a displayport 1.2 cable to connect it to the PC. Upon turning the PC on to check everything was right, my PC started up as usual but no indicator lights on front of case to show the HDD's were running. After a few minutes waiting I checked again and no such luck, no image on monitor at all.

Turned off using power button, disconnected power source and left it alone for an hour or so. Switched out the displayport cable for a 4k ready HDMI, plugged all back in and tried again, still no such luck.

Then decided to grab an old monitor I still had and plugged that in to make sure everything still functioned and it did, then attempted to plug the new monitor in to see if both worked as a dual monitor setup and they do. Both work in conjunction perfectly.

Does anyone know what could cause this error?, as limited space makes a dual monitor setup less than ideal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online