1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd posting problems

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by JohnWill, Apr 7, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator Thread Starter

Since the new format was brought on-line the other day, I've had several odd posting issues. Neither of these were ever an issue with the old software.

Sometimes when I click on the Link icon, instead of the normal prompt for the description and URL, the screen just reacts like I hit Home on the keyboard. Other times, the prompt comes up as it should. This happens with or without my pop-up stopper enabled, and I've allowed this site to have pop-ups.

I have never been able to post an image with the new software, when I click on the image icon, I get the previously described behavior, the screen just jumps to the top of the page.

Has anyone else seen this, and what is the cure?

2. oldie

oldie

I believe that posting an image is now simplified in that one just clicks "Browse" then upload (Me thinks :D )

Oldie

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Sounds like JavaScript might be blocked on your computer, John -- try temporarily turning off your firewalls, pop-up blockers, etc.

4. JohnWill

I think java was the issue, I downloaded the latest runtime from Sun and installed it, it seems that the prompts are back. The curious thing is that I got them working once without this install, then they stopped working. :confused:

It appears that images now work too. :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. hewee

hewee

Great John (y)

6. JohnWill

Well, I spoke too soon. (n)

The problem appears to come and go, for no apparent reason that I can find. This is the only site I have any posting issues with, and installing the latest Java engine didn't help. :confused:

It's working in this message, but it didn't work a few minutes ago in another forum...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice