1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd Problem with Audio Manager and Windows

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by blushades, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blushades

blushades Thread Starter

The cause of the problem seems like the Realtek HD Audio Manager (installed with the motherboard Asus P5Q3 software found on the ASUS site) and Windows 7 64x-bit aren't functioning well together. Right clicking on the default speakers icon and selecting either Recording Devices or Playback Devices does not do anything.
    -Edit: Some programs such as Logitech Vid and Logitech Webcam software don't work either
    -Edit2: Uninstalling the driver allows me to access the recording and playback devices sound panel

I didn't have this problem before which I believe to be this week's windows updates. Neither system restoring nor reinstalling the audio drivers help solve the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice