1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odd Restarting Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Valdras86, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Valdras86

Valdras86 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I'm having this really weird problem. When I turn my computer off at night, the next morning, it seems to have trouble turning back on. I will hit the power key, and it will start up, then it will beep, turn off and reset.

And it will keep doing this, over and over again, running a bit longer each time, until it eventually loads windows and is running normally, then it won't have any more problems, unless I turn it off again.

Like now, it's completely loading, and having no issues with anything. It's just when I leave the computer off overnight and then turn it back on that this happens.

Any Ideas?

2. replay

replay

sounds like a power supply slowly dying........... what kind of computer do u have??

3. Valdras86

Valdras86 Thread Starter

Oops, knew I Forgot something.

Computer specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 Processor LGA1155 3.1GHz CPU (sandy Bridge)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Z68-Gen3
    Optical Drives: Asus DRW-24B3LT 24x DVDRW SATA LightScribe
    Hard Drives: Main: OCZ 128G Vertex 4 Series SSD, 2TB WD, 1.5tb Samsung, 1tb something.
    Power Supply: Thermaltake Litepower 700W ATX PSU
    RAM: G.Skill 16GB [SNIPER] DDR3-1866
    Video Card: Main: Power Colour AX7770-1GBD5-DH HD7770,1G DDR5, second screen:
    Cooling setup: Stock + Side and top fans.

4. replay

replay

seems like a nice system with a decent power supply.....can u borrow or try another power supply to troubleshoot????
    u could even buy one and test (then return it)

after some reading online that power supply might not be up to the job!!!
    many on this forum suggest this psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021

5. Valdras86

Valdras86 Thread Starter

Ok are you sure? Because I haven't added anything to the system, it's been running for ages, the last thing added was months ago, and it only just started having this problem.

6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    I believe Replay has given you some good advice. Keep in mind the PSU is the most important part of your system. A good PSU comes with a 5 to 7 year warranty. Here is a good spot for keeping up on the latest and greatest.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/page/power

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

7. Valdras86

Valdras86 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 16296 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 122001 MB, Free - 37566 MB; E: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 263648 MB; F: Total - 1430796 MB, Free - 981032 MB; G: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 217614 MB; H: Total - 476767 MB, Free - 374065 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    Antivirus: Kaspersky PURE 2.0, Updated and Enabled

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice