Odd Xbox Internet issues

Alex1234321

Recently I've been having a problem with my xbox series s connected via ethernet Xfinity. When I'm in a game, I dont lag at all, but when, I return to the menu I'm usually disconnected from the game servers. Also any game that requires me to host the server, noone can join for more then 10 seconds. But the biggest problem is that I can never stay in a party for more then a minute before I'm disconnected. I have noticed my NAT type changes alot when I check it in the settings. Here's everything I've tried. I checked all the gamer servers and xbox server status and it seems to be fine. I've checked for outages in Xfinity. I've powered off my xbox and router several times. I even factory reset my xbox. I set up my xbox in a DMZ and port forward it to xbox live on the xfi app. Nothing seems to work.

Alex1234321,

What you describe reads like a definite problem with NAT. You didn't mention if there are other people sharing your Internet service, and if any of them are gaming and especially using the Xbox interface. Even Windows PCs that use the Xbox service should be considered.

I had a similar issue with a desktop PC using Xbox where the NAT type was Strict, and I was experiencing disconnects in the middle of game play. I also did port forwarding, but in Windows there is something called the Teredo adapter. I had to change the port type there to match the port forwarding on the router.

I am attaching a link to some information about Xbox Series S and NAT. https://outsidergaming.com/how-to-c... ‘Test multiplayer connection’ if it doesn’t

And also here ... https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online