Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odd XP Keystroke Problem

618 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  natcom 
#1 ·
I was logged into my system through remote desktop, when someone else attempted to access the same machine locally using the same user account. I was naturally dropped from the connection, but the local user is now experiencing a problem where everything they type is altered in some way. When she used msn messenger to contact me and ask "What's wrong with this keyboard", we both saw "what 5s 4- w5th th5s 2eyb6ard". Everything she types, regardless of the program used (messenger, notepad, word etc), gets scrambled like this. However, when I connect to the machine through remote desktop, I don't experience this problem. This leads me to think that this is not a font-related problem. Can the local keystrokes be misinterpreted? This is beyond the scope of my experience with XP. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
a simple system restore to a day prior to the problem can fix this problem

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.

On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.

On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.